Flash
        July, my favorite month. Its my birth month, the weather is gloomy (monsoon), lots of indoor time, the temperature is cool (I hate summer!) and everything looks vibrant after a downpour. There is nothing you can complain about in this season especially when you love the rain. If you are not all about the monsoon (like I am), let me introduce you to a nice cup of coffee and cookies along with a good movie on a rainy day; you'll love it, trust me. In this month of indoor fun we held our photography session under the roof. I was accompanied by our usual fellow photography enthusiast; Subigya Kumar Nepal, and this time we even brought a subject to flash light on; Rishav Mani Bhurtel, our dear friend from college. So, you might have already guessed but nevertheless I shall tell you, our photography session was regarding Flash Photography. We started our session at around 9:30 PM and the whole session was conducted in a closed room with a dim light. In terms of equipment, the camera used was Canon EOS-80D and the external flash gun used was Canon Speedlite 430EX II.
        When we started clicking we fiddled around with the flash gun and its settings including Manual Flash and TTL fFlash in order to obtain numerous results in terms of light intensity, bouncing the light or just simply light control. The manual setting provided a very controlled and accurate light control where as the TTL Auto mode adjusted the flash to emit the optimum light, however the TTL Mode could be well adjusted and controlled by the user for set levels. Here is the result of what we think is a optimum TTL setting i.e. 2, for this particular session. Again, all these photos were taken in a closed room with a dim light. All the light that you see in these photos were produced by the external flash gun.
Flash gun pointed directly towards the subject. Flash bounced off the ceiling. Flash gun pointed 30 degrees away from the subject (behind the photographer) and bounced off the wall and ceiling. Flash bounced off the left wall. Flash bounced off the right wall.
        Although, the photo-shoot itself was not very exciting and interesting, we learned a lot about manipulating the light through a flash gun for the convenience of the photographer. I personally was very surprised at the result. Before this session I thought post production was the reason that the subject in pictures could light up and give a sense of vividness but after this session I learned that manipulating light plays a major role in good photographs along with post production aspect.
        Like always, stay tuned for more content next week. Till then I would like to extend my gratitude to the readers before signing off. Thank you.
        When we started clicking we fiddled around with the flash gun and its settings including Manual Flash and TTL fFlash in order to obtain numerous results in terms of light intensity, bouncing the light or just simply light control. The manual setting provided a very controlled and accurate light control where as the TTL Auto mode adjusted the flash to emit the optimum light, however the TTL Mode could be well adjusted and controlled by the user for set levels. Here is the result of what we think is a optimum TTL setting i.e. 2, for this particular session. Again, all these photos were taken in a closed room with a dim light. All the light that you see in these photos were produced by the external flash gun.
Flash gun pointed directly towards the subject. Flash bounced off the ceiling. Flash gun pointed 30 degrees away from the subject (behind the photographer) and bounced off the wall and ceiling. Flash bounced off the left wall. Flash bounced off the right wall.
        Although, the photo-shoot itself was not very exciting and interesting, we learned a lot about manipulating the light through a flash gun for the convenience of the photographer. I personally was very surprised at the result. Before this session I thought post production was the reason that the subject in pictures could light up and give a sense of vividness but after this session I learned that manipulating light plays a major role in good photographs along with post production aspect.
        Like always, stay tuned for more content next week. Till then I would like to extend my gratitude to the readers before signing off. Thank you.
Comments
Post a Comment